Sunday, July 25, 2010

Days of 47 Parade

It has been a tradition in Pat's family to have a family reunion on the 24th of July...so this year since my kids have never been to the parade I arranged for us to do it as a family. We went to the Days of 47 Rodeo the night before and then attended the parade the next morning together. The kids weren't to interested in the parade after the first couple of floats since it was so hot....

Tristan watched the parade for about 5 minutes and then he was off to find something else to do.



Mariah loved playing with Bella..

Braden Forbes and Jordon Langston


Since the kids were tired of the parade...Jaren and Tiffany got a card game going in the shade.
And thanks to Jaren and Tiffany for coming really early to save us a spot along the parade route.



As you can see we all squished under the tree for shade to watch the parade and visit...all the kids are behind us on the grass playing cards or just playing.




Uncle Kerry and Lauren sat the whole time out in the front and faithfully watched the parade under their umbrella.



Uncle Steve and Shaylee Bundy



Eating snow cones to keep cool..one of the highlights of the parade.




2 comments:

  1. I miss Utah! Thanks for "taking us along" on your vacation!

    Also...did I miss something, when did Tristan loose his front teeth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have a snow cone! They don't sell them out here. You can pay $5 for a fruity smoothie, but no good ol' snow cones with sugary corn syrup on top.

    ReplyDelete