Monday, July 5, 2010

Fun of flying with Kids

I haven't had such a eventful flight in a while. But we have to back up
to the previous night, Mikayla said her tummy hurt...which I thought was due to the tub of strawberries she ate. Yes the whole quart. But then this morning on the plane after about 30 min she said her tummy still hurt...of course no barf bags in any of the seat backs. So I rang the flight attendant and asked for a bag ASAP... After about 2 minutes or maybe longer they returned, by that time Mikayla was already swimming in barf and spraying it everywhere. First I clean up Tristan and then come back to get her. I had to strip her down to her undies since she was covered in barf and rinse her off in the bathroom. The flight attendants kept handing me paper towels to go clean up the mess but hello that is their job not mine. The paper towels were not going to clean up the huge puddle of barf so I asked if they had a spill kit...the kit was pathetic so I turned around and went back to the bathroom and took care of my stuff and kids and let them think about it for a while. They finally got the hint that they needed to clean it up NOT ME! I had to take Tristans shirt off and put in on Mikayla since we didn't have any extra clothes. And once we were in Denver at our layover I bought Mikayla a pink adult shirt she could wear till we got to Utah. She thought it was a great dress. Plus I had to give Tristan back his shirt before he came unglued, I can't imagine why...he had only gotten up at 4:00 a.m. So that was our fun flight to Utah on the 4th of July :)

Picture post barf clean up!

Mikayla in her "dress"







4 comments:

  1. Oh you poor thing! Flying with kids is crazy enough!!

    I hope Mikayla...and YOU are feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you amazing woman you. Now THAT is a flying story that I hope I don't EVER duplicate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe that will teach them to have barf bags in all the seat backs.

    ReplyDelete