Monday, August 20, 2012

Mount Rushmore!



Mount Rushmore!
Sturgis Motorcycle Rally or Biker Convention as I called it....holy cow I have never seen so many Bikers in my life!
These are the two sites we saw on our drive through South Dakota:  Lots of BIKERS and finally Mt Rushmore.  It was very slow and hard to travel up to Mt Rushmore due to the amount of Bikers and they were everywhere....I even had one tapping on my window since I almost ran him off the road.  IT WAS VERY SCARY!
The kids at Mt Rushmore
Tristan, Melisa and Kayla at Mt Rushmore

  We did the Presidential Trail that tells you about each President featured on Mt Rushmore plus different view points to see the Presidents. The first and most prominent one is George Washington.



Abraham Lincoln

This is the sculptors scale model he used for Mt Rushmore


http://www.nps.gov/moru/forteachers/upload/MORU-Student-Guide-2011.pdf
This is a link to some information about Mt Rushmore that answered all of my kids questions about Mt Rushmore.  

1 comment:

  1. Wow....that is A LOT of bikers!!! Crazy!
    And another WOW for Mt. Rushmore!! I've always wanted to go there. Rebekah has been with her grandparents....but maybe someday I'll get there myself.

    ReplyDelete