Since we have been watching the Olympics this past week the kids wanted to try out skiing. So we decided to go to a local ski resort here in Ohio, note it was hill not a mountain...at least that is what I was told. I decided to stay home since it was below freezing and the wind chill was in the teens. I didn't think standing around with two small kids freezing sounded fun so I decided we would go ice skating. HMM not a much better idea with two small kids that have never even been on roller skates. Mariah and Dillan loved ski school and are coming along in learning to ski. This is the only picture of their adventure provided by the ski resort since I forgot to send the camera.

In case your wondering ice skating didn't go so well, Tristan lasted about one time around the rink before we sat him down and he watched me attempt to teach Mikayla how to skate. But I am happy to report after 2 hours she can stand by herself and actually can slowly skate forward without hanging on the wall. Of course she still stays near the way in case she needs to balance. She is already planning our next trip to the ice rink and she thinks it should be today if not tomorrow at the latest. Sorry no pictures, I was lucky to keep me and the two kids upright and not lose them at the ice rink.
Sounds like lots of fun! Hey I consider myself pretty coordinated and I can't ice skate! Can't even stand up on them! My kids haven't been and don't know how. So sad! We probably won't do it because I can't! C & B like skiing though, C probably likes it more than I do! Which doesn't take a lot! Is Pat home from his TDY? Cute St. Patty's day background!
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't have found those kids without the labels. You guys are maniacs!
ReplyDeleteWow, what a lot of fun.
ReplyDeleteI would have picked the ice skating also...I'm not a fan of skiing but it looks like the kids had fun!
ReplyDeleteHey, I talk to you about everyday, but still have to check out your blog to catch up! You are one busy gal! Sure appriciate you!
ReplyDelete