Monday, November 18, 2013

Reflections of Thanksfulness!

So having to think of something to be thankful to put on facebook everyday has made me really look back at 18 years in the military and married life..
1.  I am so grateful for all the moves and people I have meet.  I have more awesome friends and love that I get to keep in touch with facebook, skype and letters.  And deployments now with email and skype and WAY BETTER!

2.  I got to teach a YW lesson on education and I really love that I got a Bach degree in Nursing.  I may not work but the lessons learned from that part of life are so valuable.. I learned to budget time and money so well.  I learned that I would have never finished my degree later in life with 4 kids and life.
     It was hard to do clinicals pregnant and have a toddler.  But I learned so much.. Lots of experiences made me appreciate that time...like a neighbor that mowed my lawn when I was 8 months pregnant and Patrick was deployed and I just couldn't do it, the diverse group of ladies/gents I got to attend nursing school with even if there were only 12 by the time we finished, or the instructors that thought of ways to let me continue on with my education even though I couldn't do some clinicals due to pregnancy (if I stopped the military would move us before I could finish so I had to stay in the program for those 2 years). 

3.  I love that I get to be near my family for a few years here in Utah and love this area of the world.

4.  I am so grateful I get to stay home now and help my kids all day when ever they need me.  It isn't always my first choice of a job but it's worth it.

Stay tuned I am sure I will think of more as the day goes on with cleaning and if it stays quiet...not likely!

No comments:

Post a Comment