Saturday, July 13, 2013

What a week!


Add caption
We did the Pioneer trek near Muddy Creek right outside of Evanston, Wyoming.  It was very cool to be on part of the originial pioneer trail and hear some of the stories of the immigrants that came through here...Muddy Camp & Crossing When the pioneers arrived at this camp they were pleased with the bunch grass and good water for their stock. While you stay at this camp you will be able to view pioneer graves and remains of the Pony Express Stop. Muddy Crossing This was a heavily used camp on the trail. Between the years 1847 and 1869, 60- 70 thousand pioneers crossed through it, 250,000 immigrants going to California for the gold rush came through, and Captain Johnston's army of 2000 men camped here. The Pony Express ran through this camp and there was also a station here built by Moses Byrne. The stage line ran through here and the very first telegraph line went through this camp. Also within two miles from this camp ran the Lincoln Highway, and the first transcontinental railroad bed. In 1856 the rescue companies camped here with the Martin and Willey Handcart Companies on their way back to the Salt Lake Valley.

Mikayla and Tristan loved that I went on Trek because that meant they got to spend the week at Grandpa and Grandma Potters...they were spoiled.  First on their way to Price they stopped at Hogle Zoo for a few hours.  Then in Price they were able to do so many activities like go to the CEU dinosaur museum, the wave pool, jet skiing at Starvation Lake, crawdad fishing at Huntington Reservoir and just do what ever you could possible want since your at Grandma's.  AKA no chores, eat cereal for three meals a day if you want, etc. I picked them up in Spanish Fork on Friday so they could go to their primary activity they wanted to attend.   
So on Saturday the younger two kids attended a primary activity to see the Bountiful Temple. It was very neat to see the lovely grounds and have the temple matron come out and tell them about the purpose of the temple. 

The Cordero's and us.
This was a very busy week with LDS church activities.  The first of the week, Mariah, Dillan and I went on a Pioneer trek near Evanston, Wyoming.  Thankfully the weather had cooled off and was so nice during our trek of 20 miles.  Dillan did the whole thing, but Mariah and I only did the last two days aka about 12 miles.  It was quite a challenge for Mariah to face some of her fears of germs and attend this activity.  But she did it with lots of coaxing and the fact that there was no other choice but to use the outhouse or a bush.  Note the lovely attire with my hiking boots which I didn't break in before I left.  I kept putting off going back to REI to try on different boot sizes.  Patrick had bought me some when he had a 20 percent off coupon and I just never took care of it for 6 weeks.  Fortunately for me they are the most amazing shoes and other than a little mole skin I didn't ever get any blisters. 
Dillan got home and changed before I took his picture...

Clearfield 23rd Ward Primary

Tristan and Kayla at the fountain.


No comments:

Post a Comment