 |
| Mississippi Lock |
I got to go spend a 4 day weekend with Patrick in Iowa/ Illinois on the Mississippi River. It was so fun to spend time together and enjoy some of the sites. I didn't quite know what to do with myself all by myself and no obligations, kids, schedule, etc. I read all the books I brought, watched more TV than I have in a long time and no car to feel like I needed to go anywhere. I really had a relaxing time, plus the best part was seeing Patrick.
 |
| Patrick on the Mississippi River |
 |
| Melissa in front of Antique Archaeology Shop |
On the History channel there is a reality show called American Pickers and their shop Antique Archaeology is in LaClaire, Iowa just 15 min from where Patrick is deployed to, so we had to stop by to see the shop. Of course Pat had me watch a few episodes prior to taking me to this cute town... Some of the stuff in the store was stuff we saw them "pick". To check it out here is the website: http://antiquearchaeology.com/
We went to the Buffalo
Bill Museum in La Claire, Iowa. It had lots of artifacts on the local area history and a few things about Buffalo Bill since he was born there.
It had a old paddle boat used on the Mississippi River till 1960 when it was deemed unsafe to operate any longer.
 |
| A local house that had a antique shop in it...we had to take a picture of the purple lion. |
We love that show! What a fun and relaxing time it sounds like you had.
ReplyDelete