Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The only thing not FREEZING is our TESTIMONY!


Our last month has involved a lot of playing in the snow and cold.  We went skiing a couple of times. My first time was when we went to Idaho.  We went up to Twin Falls, Idaho to visit Patrick's brother Kelly...we went skiing with them at Pomerelle Mountain Resort.  We had tried several times previous but didn't make it once due to a huge snowstorm that dumped 18 inches and the next time only Patrick, Mariah and Dillan were able to go since Mikayla got sick.

Mikayla and Aubrie loved going skiing together.  They took off and I didn't see them most of the day except when they wanted food.  We took Tristan for his first skiing trip and he loved the magic carpet.  He was able to take a private lesson and learned to snow plow...he was so excited.  Which meant I was able to go skiing on the lifts, not just the magic carpet. 
Kayla and Aubrie eating lunch..they spend the day skiing together.
Patrick

Luke and Tristan taking a break from the Magic Carpet

 
Here are a few video clips of Tristan and his first skiing trip.  
Higher_rotator
The first week of February I was able to attend Time out for Women sponsored by Deseret Book...it was so amazing.  The speakers were so wonderful and the musical talent of Hilary Weeks was my favorite.  I had never listened to her music before.  It is so uplifting and powerful.

While I was at Time Out for Women, Patrick took the kids ice fishing near Logan.  They had a great time drilling holes in the ice and trying to catch fish.  I think they only caught one small one.  After they drove around the Logan temple and went to the Gossner Milk/Cheese store.  They all had a great time and came home tired and happy. 

One Monday night in Feb we went to the SLC airport to meet up with Jordon Langston coming home from his mission in Russia.  It was so fun to see him for about an hour.  We got to see him before his family since he was catching a flight later that night to St. George.  It was very interesting to hear some of his stories from his mission and about Russia. The kids had a great time chasing each other around the airport while we visited with Jordon. We couldn't of planned a better family night!  
Natalie, Jordon and Grandma Hardy...
Groebs family
Gates Family...Later in the week we headed down to St George for Jordon's Homecoming and Kaden's Eagle Scout...stay tuned for more on that later after I get the pictures...it even snowed on us in St George.  We just can't escape the snow and cold. 



2 comments:

  1. It looks like you've been having lots of fun! We're jealous, yet another year with no snow in Bossier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I have never seen a "magic carpet" before. That is kind of cool, but does it help teach them much?

    ReplyDelete